I sampled this at our local Trader Joes and it was both good and easy. Even better, they provided the recipe.
- 64oz (2 cartons) chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) jar of chunky salsa
- 1 bag of grilled chicken strips (about 1 lb)
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3 handfuls of tortilla chips, crushed
- sour cream (optional)
Add broth, salsa, chicken strips, carrots, celery, and onion to a pot and bring to a boil.
Add cheese and tortilla chips and stir. Chips will thicken the soup.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream.