Want to convert a pound of ground beef and have a Taco Night? Use these seasoning to give that meat some zing.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 Tablespoon masa (corn flour), if available
Mix all ingredients and then set aside/store until needed.
When it comes time to start cooking, place ground beef in a hot skilled and break-up.
Stir in about 2/3 of the taco seasoning and continue to cook until barely pink.
Drain excess fat from meat.
Return to heat and then add remaining seasoning to finish off cooking.
Serve with your favorite taco fixings.