I've got pumpkin on the brain. Couple that with dulce de leche and I go into overload.
- pie pastry for a single crust pie
- 3/4 cup caramelized sweetened condensed milk (dulce de leche)
- 2 eggs
- 1 15oz can pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Toffee Bits (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 375º.
Line pie tin with pastry and finish edges.
Spoon the dulce de leche into the pan and spread over the bottom of the pie to the edges.
Chill as you prepare the filling.
Mix all the filling ingredients except the milk.
Once everything is whisked smooth, add the milk.
Place the lined pie tin on the oven rack then pour in the filling.
Bake for about 50 minutes or until the pie is set. (The center will slightly jiggle.)
Cool completely on a rack.
If desired, serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of toffee chips.