Delicious alternative to cream-based mushroom soup. Next time, I think I'll add a little madeira for oomph, even though it was fantastic like this.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pounds brown and white mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped green onion (garnish)
1.Saute carrots, onions, leeks, celery and garlic in the butter over a medium flame until translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms and thyme and cook until mushrooms are soft.
3. Add stock salt and pepper. Lower heat to medium, cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
4. Top with chopped green onions.