Thai Pork Noodle Soup
I saw this recipe in the Real Simple magazine that just hit my mailbox. I halved the recipe and made a few modifications based on what I had on hand but yes...in the end, this was real simple.
Even better, the kids loved it. (Without the jalapenos, of course.)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 green onions -- whites (thinly sliced) separated from the green (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon grass
- 1/2 pound ground pork (or any other meat you may have on hand)
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- about a cup of water
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cm bundle of angel hair pasta
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
Heat oil in a medium saucepan.
Add scallion whites, garlic, ginger, & lemongrass and saute for about 30 seconds.
Add meat, about 1/4 teaspoon pepper & two pinches of salt and cook until done, breaking it up in the process.
Add chicken broth, half can of water, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
Add pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
Take off heat and squeeze in the juice of one lime wedge.
Serve with the onion greens, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime wedges.