Ready to channel a little Elvis? Then this is the recipe for you.
Obviously, you want to use a super ripe banana for ultimate banana flavor. As for peanut butter, I prefer peanut butter where the ingredients are just peanuts and salt; however, I'm sure any peanut butter will do.
But now, it's time for a little less conversation, a little more action please.
- 1 stick butter, softened (a.k.a. 1 cup)**
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 pounds powdered sugar (a.k.a. 2 boxes)
- about 1/4 cup half & half or milk
- **if your butter is still cold, you can nuke it -- one stick at a time -- in the wrapper for 10 seconds.
- ***or frosts about 2 dozen cupcakes
Once the banana is mashed smooth, stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
With your mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter for about 2 minutes.
Add the salt and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sugar. Once incorporated, add the vanilla and banana.
Slowly add more sugar, a little at a time to prevent "dust ups".
When necessary, Intersperse splashes of milk/cream -- just enough to get the texture to your desired frosting consistency.
Continue until all the sugar is incorporated.
Spread on a hunka, hunka cake or don't be cruel and let the kids eat it straight off the mixer blade. :o)