Roasted Red Peppers With Wild Rice & Anchovies
The longest part of this recipe is waiting for the wild rice to cook, which seems to take forever, much longer than the recipe states.
- 3 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 6 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Combine water and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add the wild rice, let water return to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until rice has absorbed water and many of the kernels have split, 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, to steam for about 15 minutes.
Transfer rice to a bowl. Add rest of ingredients (except olive oil), plus 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and gently mix. If it seems a little dry, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cover and let stand for 1 hour before serving to let the flavors blend.
1 1/2 hours