- * 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- * Coarse salt and ground pepper
- * 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- * 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- * 1 unpeeled orange, cut into 8 wedges
- * 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until golden and crisp, 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and pour off fat from skillet. Return chicken, skin side up, to skillet and transfer to oven. Bake until cooked through, 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
2. Heat skillet over medium and add vinegar and orange wedges. Cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, until orange begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter. To serve, return chicken to skillet and toss with orange and sauce.