- * 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- * 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- * 1/4 cup sugar
- * 2 teaspoons baking soda
- * 2 teaspoons salt
- * 3 large eggs
- * 2 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush bottom and sides of a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with 2 tablespoons butter.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk; whisk in remaining butter. Stir cornmeal mixture into buttermilk mixture just until moistened. (Do not overmix.)
3. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan at least 15 minutes before inverting and slicing.