roasted cauliflower and brussels sprouts with sharp white cheddar and hearty wheat bread combine to make the perfect comfort food dinner.
- 4-5 slices hearty multi-grain bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 C chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2C halved brussels sprouts
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place bread cubes on a cookie sheet coated with olive oil or cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Remove from oven; cool.
3. Mix onion, cauliflower and brussels sprouts together with some olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place on a cookie sheet and broil on high for 10 minute or until browned.
4. Combine bread, broiled vegetables, 1/2 cup cheese, and next 5 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl. Stir so the liquid is evenly distributed.
5. Spoon the mixture into a 9-inch square baking dish lightly greased with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Serve with more shredded cheddar and green onions, and sour cream, if you wish....