Just yum, and under 30 minutes.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh linguine (I used black pepper linguine)
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, chopped into 2-3 inch long pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 3 large (preferably tasty local) eggs, lightly blended
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put the fresh pasta and asparagus in and cook for 2 minutes. (If you use dried pasta, cook it according to the package instructions and then add the asparagus for the last 2 minutes.) Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain pasta and asparagus and return to pot along with 1 T butter and Parmesan. Toss until butter is melted, adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking, scramble the eggs until they are just set (not hard).
3. Divide the pasta/asparagus mixture into four bowls, and top each bowl with 1/4 of the scrambled eggs and 1/8 cu ricotta. Grind some salt and pepper on top and serve.